This medical condition could affect those individuals who have
predisposition, in addition to their age. The highlight of the condition is vision loss due to damage to the retina in the center of the visual field of the inside of the eye which is medically termed as the macula. The condition may occur in one of the two known forms: the dry (non-exudative) and wet (exudative) forms.
In the dry form, the retina and chorid become separated (detached) due to the accumulation of debris medically termed drusen. Studies revealed that
- Aging: While age could be a possible factor in leading to many diseases including macular degeneration; old age is not a free ticket into diseases. This must be engraved in every person’s mind. Old age diseases are functions of our own doing through diet, daily habits and activities that stem from infancy and childhood and progress to adulthood. The likelihood of an elderly developing a disease is in direct proportion to that person’s daily diet, daily habits and daily activities. The more fast food, smoking, soft drinks and lack of activity the higher the chances of acquiring this disease during the elderly stage. The list of diseases are very long and the choices of diseases are even longer. The less a person abuses unhealthy food and makes poor choices regarding their lifestyle during their younger age; the less the chances of developing diseases during old age.
- Family history: Those patients who have a closely related member of their family affected with macular degeneration may have a somewhat higher chance of developing macular degeneration, especially if the related relative is a parent. The reason being is the dietary habits that we inherit from our parents by watching, plus mimicking their behavior in the way they express their stress and anger can be factors leading to the disease later on in life.
- Race: People of a Caucasian race have a higher chances of being affected by macular degeneration in contrast with people of an African race.
- Family Gene in Macular degeneration: In brief, it was found that the genes protein (factor H, factor B and factor 3)are linked to development of macular degeneration. This gene connection could very well be complicated to a positive family history increase to macular degeneration.
- Hypertension, this condition is to be avoided at all cost, especially if there are any possibilities of having a family history or a family gene.A patient should avoid consuming salty food and avoid becoming hyper or anxious. The verb avoidance, here, should stand alone much stronger than the verbs refrain, don’t or stop.
- Hypercholesterolemia , this is another condition to beavoided at all costs, especially if there are any possibilities of having a family history and hypertension. Normally, this condition may lead to arteriostenosis in the arteries of the heart as well as the arteries in the brain. In the same token, arterialstenosis may extend to the arteries of the eyes. Patient who have developed hypercholesterolemia must avoid food that may increase this condition. This is a precautionary step to prevent eye macular degeneration in the future among other possible full baskets of disease. Such foods to be avoided are: fried eggs, dairy products, coffee, hydrogenated oils, saturated oils, mayonnaise, butter, margarine, oxidized oils, coffee and smoking.
- In Children, on the other hand (juvenile onset of macular degeneration) in children or younger generation macular degeneration the condition is an autosomal recessive condition.
- Oxidative stress is not any different from any other disease due to the danger it poses on the cells of the body. There are many food that play a huge role in the development of oxidant and free radicals. In the long run, oxidative stress is very dangerous to all systems in the body including the eyes. Again foods and habits that cause oxidative stress are smoking, coffee, sugar, unprotected exposure to sun light, etc,.
Signs and symptoms
- Visual changes with central vision gradual loss,
- Visual shadow observation,
- Segmental vision loss,
- Central vision loss,
- Increased amount of Drusen,
- Color trouble discrimination,
- Straight lines appear broken or wavy,
- Eye hemorrhage
- A routine eye examination by an ophthalmologists.
- Some of the above-mentioned sight and vision problems that may lead to an ophthalmologist examination,
Treatment is approached from all aspects of diet, supplements and intravenous treatments. A search for fungal connection is mandatory.
Fresh Carrots, Essential fatty acid, Olive Oil, berries, garlic, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes and green teas
Vitamins approach (must be Hypoallergenic quality)
Lutein caps, carotenoids caps, Vitamin E caps, Vitamin C caps or powder, Alpha Lipoic Acid caps, Pycnogenol caps,
- Oxygen – Ozone treatments
- Detoxification IV treatments